Thursday, 2 April 2015

THE UGLIEST SHIRT IN MY WARDROBE

Whilst in New York last weekend (read my blog post about it here) I picked up this shirt from H&M. There are loads of H&Ms in the city, but the one situated just off Times Square was the absolute dream. Jet lagged and slightly delirious, being surrounded by so many amazing clothes actually made me cry (please don't judge me). There were so many things I wanted, but this was the piece I settled for in the end.


This shirt is possibly in the running for the ugliest item I own, but I absolutely love it. There's just something about the stylised floral print and the muted yet luminous colour scheme that works so well together. I'm loving this kind of colour scheme at the moment which makes a change from my usual monochrome. I think it's important sometimes to embrace ugly items and not be afraid to make a statement from time to time, and this piece is perfect for that! 

Despite being a pyjama style the shirt is actually really structured, so it works both as a shirt and as a light blazer. It can add a really interesting and even slightly formal element to an all black outfit ), or be paired with other statement pieces (such as a white or suede skirt) to create a really interesting 60s/70s inspired look. I'm so excited to style this in a few different ways and you'll definitely see it make an appearance on my blog!

Buy it here at H&M (£29.99).

Have you bought anything amazing recently?
Elly xxx
follow me on:

15 comments:

  1. Ugly clothes are my fave type of clothes aha! I love this shirt, it's so unique!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. its an amazing shirt - so seventies!
    great find.
    Joey x

    https://northernmagpie.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pyjama style, this is dreamy. Hope you had a fabulous time in NY!

    from meena at meenameansme.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best things are slightly ugly! (it's why models with 'editorial' faces do so well... all the round, oval, perfectly symmetrical stuff gets boring when it needs to be interesting) I'm certainly not judging you for crying in H&M - I probably would have too. This shirt is actually amazing???! I look forwards to seeing how you style it :D

    little miss fii || Fii x

    ReplyDelete
  5. All fun clothes are slightly ugly, i love it!
    www.norawears.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha This post is too funny! I literally laughed when I read the title. I'm sure you totally rock that top though! <3

    StyledByBlondie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just say-- even though that might be an ugly shirt, I totally get what you're saying about loving it. I feel like it could look very poppy with some white pants and nice or pink heels.

    Connie | Sponsored by Coffee | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugly?! This shirt is in no way ugly. I love the bold, retro vibe that it has. Kinda looks like pajamas.
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, I'd love to go to New York so I'll ultimately envious of you right now. I imagine I'd be the exact same as you, breaking down in tears in shops because I'm so overwhelmed by it all! This shirt may be ugly, but it's beautiful-ugly. As soon as I saw it I thought how it'd look lovely styled as a shirt dress...or as an over-shirt as you mentioned! It's bold, brave and fun. I love it :)
    xxx
    Tasmin | Grandiose Days

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh this is lovely :)) i have a giveaway on that i'd love you to join!

    mfashionfreak♥blog
    GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually really like this shirt, i love the structure of it!

    Lifestyle Funxion

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this shirt! It has a vintage-look. x

    Jana
    Life of Jana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx