Monday, 9 February 2015

OUTFIT OF THE DAY: CAT PRINT AND PASTEL









LILAC FLUFFY JUMPER - TESCO
CAT PRINT DRESS - H&M
PALE PINK RUCKSACK - TKMAXX
RIVER ISLAND CHUNKY ZIP FRONT ANKLE BOOTS - ASOS (£40)
Please excuse the dodgy quality and lighting of these photos - taking blog photos in my uni room is never the dream! Today I thought I'd have a bit of fun and play with colour, texture and print, because why not? I normally wear the same thing and the same colours all the time (i.e I look like I'm going to a funeral), so I thought it would make a nice change to get a little bit more creative. I was given this adorable button up cat print dress by my flatmate last year and I have loved it ever since. I'm a huge cat lover so anything with cats on makes me instantly happy. I usually pair it with a black jumper on colder days, but I thought I'd dig out this pastel fluffy jumper to make it a bit more interesting. I think these chunky boots from River Island tone down the cutesy-ness of this outfit a bit (plus they're the only heeled boots I have at uni, sigh). I even decided to wear bright pink lipstick instead of my usual purple/red. I don't know what came over me! Normal service will resume shortly.

Elly xxx

follow me on:

20 comments:

  1. you look so cute, that cat print is so perfect and the jumper looks so cosy! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/02/a-different-type-of-new-year-detox.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute outfit, I love the cat print!

    Jessie | Taylor Mayed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely look, love the jumper!

    http://bellemelange.net/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way did you get that jumper from Tescos!! :o great find gurl! :) love a bit of pastel colours .
    millie-loves.blogspot.co.uk

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute outfit, love that jumper - the colour is gorgeous :)

    anna at styleskittle.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who doesn't love kitty print?! Love this!
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the comment on my blog!

    Love the shorts they look amazing! I always pair everything with a chunky jumper so cosy! x


    CLAIRELOUISE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfit, especially the fluffy top ^_^

    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know (:

    Life In Pastel

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this, it's so great :) i hope you're well!

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that from far you can't really see the cats on your shorts but the closer you get you suddenly see this adorable kittens! Love tt!

    Much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awh that print is adorable. I love this outfit! The jumper is gorgeous - I got a few of my pastel jumpers from Tesco last year as they did such an amazing range of candy coloured beauties!
    I wish I could pull of a lipstick that wasn't purple or red but for some reason I end up looking highly bizarre! It's the only area in fashion/beauty where I remain inside my own little box!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sweater is very pretty . xx
    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha cutie, love this outfit! xx

    abambilegsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. really cute look! I love the booties especially. would be great if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the cat print so much! can''t believe the jumper is from tesco, such a great find! xxx

    Ali (http://aboomofbitterns.blogspot.co.uk/)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love how this dress has pockets! makes it more amazing then what it already is!!

    Aine Oh

    ReplyDelete
  17. VERY CUTE SKIRT, Love it !!! And I like your jumper too, looks really cozy though :)

    www.coffeecreamandthecaffeine.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the jumper!!

    I nominated you for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers!

    http://laceonlipstick.blogspot.ie/2015/02/the-sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm in love with this fluffy jumper, I wish it was cold enough where I live to be able to wear it!!! :)

    xx Alyssa
    visionsofnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx