Saturday, 7 February 2015

NEW MUSIC LOVE: OH WONDER


Oh Wonder are a singer/songwriter duo from London who I recently discovered through BBC introducing. I first heard "Body Gold" on Fearne Cotton's Radio 1 show a couple of weeks ago and I fell in love straight away. It's so addictive and almost hypnotising. They're what I imagine the love child (did I really just use the term love child?) of The XX, Daughter, James Blake and London Grammar to sound like, so if you're into that kind of sound then don't hesitate to give them a listen! Their music is super chilled, a little bit electro and kind of jazzy in places. I've not stopped playing it on repeat for the past week or so. My other favourite of theirs is "The Rain", it's so mellow and I could just listen forever. I'm so glad to have found a new band that I love this much! Oh Wonder are releasing a song every month for the rest of the year, so we're definitely going to be hearing a lot more from them in 2015.






Have you found any new artists recently?
Elly xxx

follow me on:

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you've blogged about these, I'm obsessed! I've been finding so many fun, new artists recently like Model Aeroplanes and Coasts, I recommend them a lot!

    infinity of fashion// Lucy Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them so much!! Ooh thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out :) xx

      Delete
  2. I just now listened to them and their music is so calming~
    xxx

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice music! X Minale
    http://minaleme.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I like their sound! Thanks for introducing me xx

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely going to have a listen to this. Thanks for sharing! xx
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx