Friday, 13 February 2015

FLORENCE + THE MACHINE ARE BACK

Can we please talk about Florence Welch? I can't contain my excitement for her new album any longer. "How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful" is set for release on June 1st and I'm not sure my heart can take it. With the release of the video for her new single yesterday, I realised that it's been nearly four years since Florence's last album came out, which makes me feel very, very old (and quite reflective, too.).




I've been inspired by both Florence's sound and style since I first discovered her back in the dark age that was 2009 (I can't even really remember those times, either.) She has always been so unique and I would definitely call her iconic in her own right. The original "man repeller",  her 70's inspired boho looks never fail to inspire me, and this season she's more on trend than ever! (Can we please take in her hair and make up in this look for a second?!)

The video for her new single "What Kind of Man" is amazing. I think we're all in agreement that it's kind of confusing (I'm not sure anyone can figure out exactly what's going on), but I love the aesthetics and concepts. As for the song itself, she does not disappoint. Her vocals are as powerful and on point as ever, and she's still managing to maintain her signature ethereal quality. Listen and watch for yourself:



A lot has changed for me since her last album release in 2011, and it sounds incredibly cliche, but her music has been with me through both a lot of sh*t and a lot of good times. She really has been a huge part of my life. So thanks, Flo.

Do you love her as much as I do?
Elly xxx

follow me on:



13 comments:

  1. love her!
    x http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Love her, definitely going to buy the album! x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great, I love this!! xx

    www.thestylishcupcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OBSESSED with Florence Welch, her music her style x

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is amazing!

    A special Valentine's Day gift on
    lb-lc fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    Adore Florence I saw her live and she was so amazing! Great post! x

    CLAIRELOUISE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her, her style and her music.

    Jenn from jenniferjayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely adore her! Just everything about her, she's just awesome! Can't wait for her new music to come out <3
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore her! Just everything about her, she's just awesome! Can't wait for her new music to come out <3
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
  10. I seriously love her voice. She can make any song sound good!

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx