Monday, 16 February 2015

BREAK THE RULES



Pink Lip Print Crop Top - River Island (£28)
Pink Lip Print Woven Mini Skirt - River Island (£30)
KG by Kurt Geiger Heidi Stars Platform Heeled Sandals - ASOS (£120 £84)
ASOS Zip Top with Ears Clutch Bag - ASOS (£30)

As much as I love browsing through blogs featuring really chic, minimal outfits, it would be a lie if I said I didn't have a soft spot for some of the more "out-there" looks, too. I have recently been so inspired by one of my favourite bloggers, Lucy Rance at Lulutrixabelle. She is an absolute queen and her style is amazing. I think it's great to play with patterns and textures and I really want to branch out and get some more crazy clothing pieces.  I feel like it's all about being confident and not letting the clothes "wear you". I'm also really inspired by Charli XCX (I did a blog post featuring her style a while ago), whose 90's/glam look is so fun and so sassy.

Elly xxx


follow me on:


16 comments:

  1. I love the print on the skirt and top! I agree with you, wearing things that are a bit out there is so fun!
    Sam xx
    knockoutcouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That co-ord is actually so special I would have it if I wasn't trying to feed myself this semester.
    I agree with you in saying that the 'out there' looks are pulled off by the girls with so much confidence, it's hard to get to that stage (I'm still trying) but I hope that you do find something crazy and adore it :D

    little miss fii || Fii x

    ReplyDelete
  3. quirky fabulous style!! :)

    have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow love the print on the top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shoes are gorgeous! I think you're right; it's all about having the confidence to wear something bold and it's surprising what pieces actually go together.

    Cream of the Frock

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve just found your blog and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    I like your posts and photos! Really amazing!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Charlie XCX's style as well, great post! and thanks for your sweet comment on my blog XX

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
  8. The skirt and the top are perfect!
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the skirt and the top, they're so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This outfit is so cute, I love Charlie XCX as well, she has such great style!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  11. A big fat YES to the River Island lip print - LOVE!

    Faye x
    i wish i could wink

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the lip print! x


    kacytalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love that skirt and top! Those look exactly like a print on my business card! Red lipstick rules the world!

    http://stylesprinter.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx