Tuesday, 30 December 2014

REVIEW: MAC MATTE LIPSTICK IN SIN

Hello everyone! Today I thought I’d post my first ever make up review (so this could be an absolute disaster.) The product I’d like to talk about today is the lipstick I got for Christmas - MAC Sin. As you may have been able to tell, I’ve been absolutely loving my dark purple Kate Moss for Rimmel London lipstick in 04, and the red equivalent in 01, however I’ve been looking for something in-between for quite a while. For some reason I just haven’t been able to find the perfect shade in the drugstores (I’m that person who comes home with their hands and thus all of their clothes covered in various shades of regret.) I’ve never tried MAC cosmetics before (I know, I know), and I’ve been wanting to get my hands one of their lipsticks for ages. I did a load of online research and decided that the shade Sin would be the perfect thing to put on my Christmas list (it’s always exciting to get a make up product that comes in a box!)


The first thing I noticed about this lipstick is the smell! It honestly smells just like chocolate, and quite strongly, too. This isn’t really a good or a bad thing, it just struck me and I ended up running around all my family members getting them to smell it. 



It’s the perfect A/W shade, and it’s really buildable depending on how dark you want your look to be. I personally like my lipstick to be quite dark, especially at this time of year, but it’s nice to have the option. I was worried it was going to be too brown, however it’s definitely more red/purple than brown, and is the perfect dark red with blue tones.






I only ever really go for matte lipsticks, and if you’re looking for matte, then you’ve come to the right place with MAC. They have such a huge colour range and there’s no worry of accidentally purchasing a lipstick with a load of glitter in it. I would say that this lipstick is slightly drying, but then again I was expecting that. It’s fine if you make sure you’ve exfoliated (like I ever do that, but in an ideal world…) and moisturised your lips before application to avoid it catching on any dry skin.



It really does stay on your lips for a long time, and you do notice the difference between this and the lower end drugstore brands. You might need to top it up a couple of times during the day if you’ve been eating, but only really to make sure that the coverage on the lips is really coherent. 

 
Overall I’m really thrilled with this product, and I think I will be purchasing some more products from their range every now and again. I’d like to try a light pink/nude, so if you could recommend me one that would be brilliant!
What’s your favourite lipstick?
Elly xx




12 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! Dark lips are a must for this time of the year haha :) thanks for your comment on my blog by the way :) xx Nausikaä
    www.fashionatic.be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac lipsticks are amazing, and they do have a lovely scent! I love Sin, it's such a gorgeous shade!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shade looks lovely! I really like the more dark shades during A/W ♡xoxo♡
    www.amfashionandbeautyblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is a lovely colour and really suits you too :)

    Tabby x
    www.ofthesaints.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous colour, I always get lippy from ELF as they don't test on animals and theyre products are amazing!
    Sarah Jane xo // www.vmgirl.me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant review, would love to read more beauty reviews from you! My favourite MAC lipstick is Cremecup followed by Speed Dial :)

    The Modern Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have exactly the same colour
    been loving it for ages
    www.rebellionaire.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I neeed that lipstick! I wish there was a mac shop near my town!
    FASHION ENVIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color looks amazing on!

    thriftylilpixie.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I love this shade. I have Rebel which is *sort of* similar but I really want this one now - mac's matte lipsticks are the best! xx

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been after this lipstick for ages, it looks amazing on you! Wishing you all the best for 2015 doll :)
    - Grace xx

    P.S. Would really appreciate it if you could check out my blog and maybe follow if you feel so inclined? <3
    http://voguebeach.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx