Saturday, 6 December 2014

ALEXANDER MCQUEEN: SAVAGE BEAUTY (& GIFT GUIDE)

With the opening of Alexander McQueen's first retrospective at the V&A looming in March 2015, I was contacted by an amazing luxury company, Farfetch, to share with you their latest infographic, which should help us get all clued up on his major shows and iconic moments before the exhibition opens. Savage Beauty has been shown at the Met in New York and is coming to London on 14th March.

I personally adore McQueen's work - theatrical, romantic, visionary. I see his shows as absolute works of art. They are performances which, despite being awe-inspiring in their own right, still manage to somehow keep their focus on the garments themselves. Often dark and even uncanny in their magnificence, his garments are completely perfect. I haven't seen much of his work that I wouldn't wear myself in a heartbeat. It is without doubt that he was one of the most iconic and influential designers of the 20th/21st century. He pushed the boundaries of contemporary fashion, and it would be an understatement to say that I am excited to attend his retrospective in the spring.

If you're looking for a high end gift this Christmas for someone very lucky (me please), you can shop McQueen at Farfetch.  Gift wise (I've gone for pieces <£200, there was too much I wanted in excess of that but we have to realistic here!), my picks have got to be:


Who is your favourite designer?
Elly xxx



2 comments:

  1. Wow – I love the pictures! Want all this stuff, too.
    Also the design of your whole blog is really pretty, girl! ♡
    I’m following you via gfc & look forward for your next post. You’re great – keep going! ♡
    Adoorablee.blogspot.com ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're gorgeous aren't they?! Thanks so much it means a lot <3 I'll check your blog out now xxxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx