Sunday, 22 June 2014

OUTFIT OF THE NIGHT: PRIVATE VIEW





TOP: H&M - £9.99
SHORTS: H&M - £14.99
SHOES: TOPSHOP - £55

A couple of weeks ago I attended the private view of my course's end of year exhibition. It was a smart casual event, and so I decided to step out of my comfort zone a little and try to wear something a bit different than just a dress and heels. I stayed safe with monochrome (I'm obsessed), as I had purchased these shorts and crop top from H&M a few weeks prior to the event, and had really wanted to find an excuse to wear them with heeled sandals so that I could actually wear a sports luxe inspired look without feeling like a complete idiot (walking around Tesco dressed like an 80s footballer in drag can make one feel slightly uncomfortable.). An hour before the exhibition opened, my flatmate and I found ourselves in Topshop desperately trying to find some shoes, and so I managed to justify buying these RAMBLE shoes from Topshop on the spur of the moment. I'm actually really glad I bought them as they are real leather, and are the most versatile pair of heels I own (you can literally wear these with anything at any time of day.). I was really pleased with this look, as I think it's a really easy way to create something chic yet effortless, and the great thing about it is that it can go from casual to smart with just a change in shoes. If I were to wear this during the day, I'd probably pair it with a pair of trainers or skater shoes and be good to go.

When was the last time you tried to step out of your comfort zone? If you can't remember - do it!
Elly xx

follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx