Thursday, 26 June 2014

HOW I STYLE: DAYTIME HEELS






Hey everyone! Today I decided to film a video (+ write this blog post) about wearing heels in the daytime. A few weeks ago one of my friends remarked that she liked how I wore heels a lot for casual events, but that she felt she didn't know how to do it. I've tried to explain my thought processes behind these outfits below, but there's no particular art to it if I'm totally honest - you just have to have self confidence and if you want to wear something - wear it! Try not to worry about what other people think. It's unlikely people are thinking anything negative, and even if they are, the most important thing is that you feel good in what you're wearing. Life's too short! The worst that's going to happen is that you get painful feet, so go for it. I always feel that wearing heels makes me feel that little bit more confident. 

1. For this outfit I really decided to tone down the heels (as they can easily look quite dressy) and make it super casual. Baggy mom/boyfriend jeans are perfect for this, and paired with a baggy jumper and rucksack these heels don't look out of place at all. On a hotter summer's day a plain oversized t-shirt would look just as casual, and chic!

BLACK JUMPER: BOOHOO
MOM JEANS: TOPSHOP
SANDAL HEELS: TOPSHOP
BELT: VINTAGE
BAG: TKMAXX 

2. This outfit is slightly more dressed up, but I feel it's more cute and girly than overdressed. The thing which really tones this outfit down is the big, slouchy bag - if you're worried about looking too dressed up but don't want to change your clothes, try to alter your accessories. 

FLUFFY CROP JUMPER: NEW LOOK
WHITE FAUX LEATHER SKATER SKIRT: RIVER ISLAND
SHOES: ASOS
BAG: PRIMARK 

3. This outfit is quite transitional, so it could be worn day or night. I really just wanted to include my kimono! Again, the slouchy bag really creates the casual effect here. Heeled boots are a good way to get into wearing daytime heels (these are the first ones I ever wore!) as you can pair them with anything and they're not too high or statement, they just add that extra element to an outfit.

KIMONO: TOPSHOP
JONI JEANS: TOPSHOP
SHOES: ASOS
BAG: PRIMARK

4. Although I wouldn't really class my JuJu Babe jelly shoes as a pair of "heels", they do add a bit of height and so are a good option for those who really don't feel they have the confidence to wear proper heels just yet! They're really easy to pair with cute dresses, shorts and jeans.

DRESS: URBAN OUTFITTERS
SHOES: JUJU JELLY FOR URBAN OUTFITTERS
BAG: VINTAGE

follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx