Friday, 27 December 2013

BLUE VELVET




I have been meaning to blog about this dress for ages! I bought it last month from Missguided (£24.99) to wear for my boyfriend's birthday, and I'm absolutely in love with it. I seem to be obsessed with dark blues at the moment, and you can't get more luxuriant than blue velvet. I love the cut of this dress - it's very baggy and oversized but yet still cuts me at the right part of my leg. I think this is a great alternative to velvet skater and bodycon dresses as I feel that it's a slightly more unique style. I've paired it here with my black t-bar suede heels (Missguided) and a 20s inspired sequinned fringe bag of my mother's for an evening look, but this dress also looks great when worn under a black jumper with tights and flats for a more daytime appropriate feel. As always I'm wearing my gold chain necklace from H&M which I feel adds to the opulence of the blue velvet.

What did you wear on Christmas Eve?
Elly xxx

follow me on:

3 comments:

  1. Awesome outfit!!
    Super good pics
    Loved

    http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com/2013/12/no-way-out.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this blue dress and your cool hair! Love the looks. Will be visiting your blog from now on.

    xx Cissy
    idreamofbunnies.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Velvet is the best thing ever, I've got the same dress but in black xx Rebecca - UK fashion blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx