Wednesday, 3 July 2013

WISHLIST: JUNE 2013


1. Motel Fonda Halter Crop in Green Palm Leaf (£18) & Motel Kimmy Mini Tube Skirt in Green Palm Leaf (£22)  - I am completely obsessed with the "matchy matchy" trend right now, and have recently been looking for some sets. Coincidentally, I have also been looking for a palm leaf print skirt for a while, so this set from Motel is perfect! Although you might say the print is somewhat controversial, I think it's great as I love bold prints and I don't have anything like it in my wardrobe. I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to wear the whole set together, but I love the skirt on its own, and think it would look just as good with a simple black crop top.

2. New Look White Floral Racer Back Crop Top (£4 [now out of stock]) & New Look White Floral Skater Skirt (£16.99) - I think this set would be a lot easier to wear than the set from Motel Rocks, as the print is a lot less in your face and the cut (skater rather than bodycon) is much more wearable in the daytime.  I think this is so cute, and both pieces would look equally as nice worn alone or together. I'm gutted the top is sold out as I thought it would look great with high waisted jeans, shorts and skirts!

3. Dr Martens Oil Slick Lex Shoes - I can't find these for sale anywhere, so I'm guessing they were limited edition back in around 2011. However, I'm on the hunt for some dupes as I think they fit in perfectly with the holographic trend which I adore so much. I think they'd go with pretty much everything and add another dimension to a plain outfit, I need some!

4. Topshop Cream Textured Scallop Swimsuit (£36) - I'm planning on getting this in the next few weeks before I go on holiday. I absolutely detest bikinis with a passion and so have always been a swimsuit girl, and I just think this one is so cute. The white and navy blocks almost give the appearance of a high waisted bikini which I really like, and I think the scallop detailing around the bust is adorable and with the halterneck tie is almost 50s inspired. The white will look great with a tan!

5. American Apparel Lace Cycle Shorts (£26) - These look slightly odd on their own, and are a bit of a love/hate piece in themselves, but I think they would look super cute under dresses, skirts and even shorts in the summer. I don't know about you, but I'm always really paranoid that my skirts are going to blow up when I'm not wearing tights, so I think these are a stylish solution to that age-old problem!

6.Ray Ban Sunglasses  (£89.99) - RayBan are my favourite glasses brand ever. I've had two pairs of these glasses that I've worn as my actual every day glasses to correct my sight, and they have lasted me so well, as well as being incredibly on trend. I love the "John Lennon inspired" round glasses that have been around for the past couple of summers, and this pair are RayBan's more subtle answer to them. There are so many awesome and wacky pairs of sunglasses on the  market at the moment, and I have been tempted by some of them, but ultimately I want something wearable. I've seen these on Rhiannon (FashionRocksMySocks), and I feel that although they are quite statement, they are subtle enough to get away with on a day to day basis without feeling self concious.

What have you been loving recently?
Elly xxx


follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx