Sunday, 30 June 2013

DISCOVERING BLOGGERS WITH THE LIEBSTER AWARD TAG

The Liebster Award is a tag created by bloggers with under 200 followers in order to help us to connect with other up and coming bloggers. Each nominee must answer the 11 questions left by the blogger who tagged them, as well as creating their own 11 questions and tagging 11 bloggers themselves. I was tagged by the lovely Kirsty from The Pixie's Picks to answer her 11 questions.



1. Most worn item of clothing?

 This was actually quite a difficult one for me, as I have so many clothes I don't tend to just stick to a couple of pieces - I like to switch up my outfits every day (the irony, I'm actually still in yesterday's clothes today -yuck!). However, I soon realised that I wear my faux leather jacket from Miss Selfridge way more than any other item in my wardrobe, as it goes with just about everything and is perfect for the English weather.



2. Favourite magazine?

It probably won't come as a surprise to you, considering my recent venture into London, that Company magazine is my favourite. I love everything about Company, even down to the paper they use (you'll understand if you've ever held a copy!) I also love how they make an effort to really include bloggers in their publication, and I definitely feel it's the most accessible of all the fashion magazines.


3. Designer or High street?

High street - I couldn't afford designer clothes even if I wanted to! Still, I find the way in which catwalk trends are transformed into wearable pieces for the high street so fascinating, and it's always exciting hunting through all the shops/on the internet for my most wanted pieces.


4. Favourite band/singer?

Florence and the Machine have been my favourite band for the past few years. Florence Welch's lyrics and vocals are just unbelievable, and she's such a style icon as well. Her albums mean an awful, awful lot to me and I will never tire of the albums! My favourite song from her most recent album, Ceremonials, is "No, Light No, Light".


5. Where would you love to live?

Anywhere that's in the pretty secluded with a beach and easy access to a Topshop, if that can be arranged please?



6. Favourite beauty product?

I couldn't pick just one, so I decided to go with the two products I have just recently repurchased. First up is L'Oreal's Superliner Perfect Slim in Intense Black, which I use most days. It's a felt tip eyeliner, and because it's so slim it is great for creating flicks (which I'm still no good at!). It stays on all day and the colour is true to its name. Secondly, I picked Kate Moss for Rimmel London's lipstick in shade 01. I lost my first one of these out clubbing recently, and couldn't even last a week without it! I love red lipsticks, and out of all the ones I have tried, it's the only one with a colour I really like. 


7. Celebrity Style Icon?

I don't tend to follow celebrity style, however I do always love what Alexa Chung is wearing. She has such an effortless style, as if she's just thrown together her outfit, but yet she always looks perfect. 



8. Favourite blogger?

I have so many favourite bloggers! This is so hard, but as I've already mentioned my favourite blogger to be Rhiannon Ashlee (FashionRocksMySocks) in a previous post, I'd better stick to that decision! I've watched her videos and read her posts for years now, and  her blog posts and videos never fail to keep me entertained. I love her style so much and she's just such a lovely girl.


9. Dream job?

I would love to do so many different things! However, whilst I was visiting the Harry Potter Studios Tour last summer I was struck by the idea of prop design, namely the newspapers, books and other more intricate parts of the set such as the Marauder's Map. I just love graphic design and art and I think creating things like that for films would be perfect for me, especially seeing as I love performing.



10. Favourite film?

This was so difficult for me as I have such an extensive taste in films. However, I think most people you'd ask would say that Titanic is my favourite film as I know pretty much the whole script off by heart, spend half my life singing "My Heart Will Go On" and am totally in love with Leonardo DiCaprio. It's just such an amazing story.  I also have a huge obsession with Lord of the Rings which is also worth mentioning, as I can quote all three films pretty well and spend a lot of time listening to the soundtrack. My life is so hardcore.


11. How did you start blogging?

I've been watching Howto & Style videos on Youtube for a long time, and I noticed that some of my favourite Youtubers had blogs. Sharing outfits and ideas seemed like great fun to me, and combining both my love of photography, fashion and writing made it seem like the perfect hobby. It's a great way of getting inspiration and connecting with other people, and I'm determined to stick to it and see where it make take me!



My Questions
1. Do you have a piece of clothing/pair of shoes that turns heads?
2. Describe a fashion "faux pas" that you have made in the past.
3. If you could only use one beauty product for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4. What is your favourite high street shop/brand?
4. What would be your dream holiday destination?
5. Recommend us a book!
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
7. If you could be any character (book/film) in the world, who would you be?
8. Which item of clothing makes you feel good about yourself?
9. What is your favourite song?
10. What is at the top of your wishlist right now?
11. What is your ultimate dream?



I tag:
1. Rachel from Space Bound Blogs
2. Siobhan from ClearlyNoPlainJane
3. Elizabeth from The Little Box of Style
4. Missyi from Beauty From The Fjord
5. Yasmine from Yazmataz
6. Christina from Kimi and Me
7. Rebecca from Collection Magpie
8. Charlotte and Tori from Flowers in the Watering Can
9. Maddie from The Rabbit and the Deer
10. Katie from Aim Above Limits
11. Sasha from Spoonful of Fashion

Hope you enjoy it! xxx

follow me on:


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! and great post, I like the quality and type of pictures you take

    http://themissore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! I've also been nominated by Kirsty :) do you find the loreal eyeliner to be the best felt tip liner from drugstores? I've recently used the No7 one and I swear it was empty when I bought it haha!

    http://www.thebeautybuck.com

    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've only used two in my life but this is the best one so far, and I've heard other people say great things about it too. That's awful haha! x

      Delete
  3. I can totally relate with the leather jacket part, I think it's a true staple in every girl's closet. If only I had the right fit! Also, that bit about the beach and Topshop made me chuckle. You're quite tasteful, Elly.
    You've instantly gained yourself a new reader :) x

    Much love, Rach xx
    LUCID STARS // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awh thank you so much for nominating us!
    I love your dream job, if i was into graphic design I think that you definitely be something I'd think about going into.
    I also love your leather jacket!

    Charlotte xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx