Tuesday, 25 June 2013

COMPANY BLOGGING FORUM 2013

Last night I attended my first ever blogger event - the Company Blogging Forum! When I received the email I wasn't quite sure whether to go or not, being shy and having only just started up my blog, but I decided to be brave and venture into London on my own anyway, and I'm so glad I did. It's taught me that if I want to do something, I ought to just do it! On the panel were Susie Bubble, Rhiannon Ashlee (Fashion Rocks My Socks), Sally Burlison from OhMyLove, Roxanne Nejad from Boohoo and Krista Madden from Handpicked Media. I was especially excited to hear that Rhiannon was going to be on the panel because she's one of my all time favourite bloggers, but the whole panel were amazing and full of great advice for starting out in blogging. The overarching piece of advice given to us was to find a unique standpoint as blogging world is becoming pretty saturated. I met loads of bloggers, many of whom were just starting out, and it was so great to be able to share details and ideas. Me being me, I felt slightly overwhelmed and anxious and so I didn't say a great deal, but I'm hoping that I will be more confident at the next event I attend.



Shirt - Topshop
Skirt - ZARA
Boots - ASOS
Necklace - H&M
Lipstick - Rimmel London Kate 001

My outfit for the night! In true Elly style, I decided to attend the forum with about half an hour to spare so I didn't have much time to plan what to wear. I chose (once again) to stick to monochrome, but I think the way in which I tried to play with patterns and textures by mixing and matching stripes and leather makes the look a little more interesting. I added colour by wearing my new favourite gold chain necklace from  H&M, and by applying my trusty red lipstick. In the end I swapped these boots for brogues as I didn't know how much walking I was going to be doing, but would have preferred to wear them!

Of course, the forum was full of fashion bloggers, so everyone looked super stylish. There were some really inspiring outfits and some that made me just plain jealous, but being around like minded people has made me so excited to start out at art college next year.


The contents of my goody bag! The lovely ladies at Company provided us with a bag full of treats under our  seats. I'm excited to finally try a leave in conditioner (this one is by Yuko), as well as trying to organise myself with my new Filofax by Alice Temperly, which conveniently doubles up as a purse. Both The Batiste and the make up remover pads are going to be life savers when I'm at festivals this year and am in need of some sort of personal hygiene. Finally, the ginger beer, copy of this month's Company (and an Alpro Soya mousse which has since been consumed) were great companions on the train home. 





Trying my hand at being paparazzi! I figured that seeing as this was a blogging event I ought to make some sort of effort to take pictures, even if they were just on my iphone.  You can spot the lovely Kirsty from The Pixie's Picks (who kindly helped me find my way into the event when we were both lost outside) with Susie on the bottom right.

Have you done anything brave recently? Elly xxx


follow me on:

10 comments:

  1. Loved your outfit! Only saw you briefly but hopefully bump into you at another event soon :) xxx

    yazmataz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - you looked lovely too :) yeah hopefully, it would be great to get the chance to speak properly xxx

      Delete
  2. Love your classy outfit and unique sense of style! Good luck with art school... Kinda jealous. :p

    Olivia xxx
    Missyi's World of Beauty...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so excited haha! xxx

      Delete
  3. I really love your outfit! Glad you had fun at the forum, we were going to go but we couldn't make it :(

    Charlotte and Tori xx
    flowersinthewateringcan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's a shame :( Hopefully we can all go to the next event :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I LOVE your outfit! x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a great evening I went too.
    Xxx
    www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, think I may have seen you there from a distance haha! xxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx