Tuesday, 23 April 2013

MATALAN? THREE KEY SPRING PIECES FOR UNDER £40

With the intention of buying some bits for her, my mum and I headed to Matalan this weekend. It's not often that I go to Matalan (I'm usually found in TopShop), but whenever I do go, I am always surprised by the quality and prices of some of their pieces (why is it that bloggers call clothes "pieces"? I feel obliged to do it now, sorry!). 

       

Polka Dot Pencil Skirt - £10 (Buy here)
I've been a massive fan of pencil skirts for a while now, but I haven't really been confident enough to wear them out. I'd seen these Roy-Lichtenstein inspired skirts in TopShop and had really wanted one, but couldn't quite justify the money for something I wasn't sure that I would be able to wear. This one however is a fraction of the price, and will be perfect to wear without tights in spring/summer with a white crop top.


 Tie Dye Skater Dress - £12 (Children's section - buy here)
Is it just me, or are children getting bigger? I spotted this pretty dress in the teenage section thinking "none of those will fit me", but to my surprise the biggest size (Age 16 years) was miles too big! I opted for the 15 years in the end, but I still think I could have done with a size down. I'd say that a size 14 years would be the equivalent to a 6, 15 for an 8 and 16 for a 10. I was so glad to get this though, as I'd nearly bought this similar dress from ASOS for £25 the day before. I'm going to wear this this with my TopShop black cut out boots, bare legs and a leather jacket in spring/summer.


Blue Denim-look Pinafore Dress - £14 (Children's Section - buy here )
After buying a pair of dungarees a couple of weeks ago, I just cannot get enough of this style! I literally want every cut and colour of dungarees, it's a problem. This pinafore dress is so cute and although it makes me look about 2 years old, it makes me feel lovely! I had the same issue with sizing when buying this dress, but luckily the straps are adjustable so it really doesn't matter too much. Besides, I'm really loving the look of oversized denim dresses at the moment. I've been wearing this over crop t-shirts, again with black cut out boots and my leather jacket (which I wear in a forlorn attempt to make myself look older!).



White and Black Crop Tops - TopShop
Adonis2 Cut Out Boots - Topshop
Lipstick - Kate Moss for Rimmel London 01

Have you bought anything surprising at Matalan recently?

Elly xxx


follow me on:
twitter - tumblr - facebook - instagram - bloglovin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx